Alabama College Grants and Loans

corner spacer corner spacer corner spacer corner spacer

Alabama College Grants and Loans

Alabama Grants

Alabama Student Grant Program This grant is offered to students attending eligible institutions either full or half time. The maximum award is $1200 and is dependent on funding being available. The following schools are on the eligible list: Birmingham-Southern College, Concordia College, Faulkner University, Huntingdon College, Judson College, Miles College, Oakwood College, Samford University, Selma University, Southeastern Bible College, Southern Vocational College, Spring Hill College, Stillman College, and the University of Mobile.

Get your application from your school's financial aid office. The deadlines are given on the application.

Alabama Student Assistance Program Undergraduates are eligible for these grants offered by the state and federal governments. You must be an Alabama resident and enrolled at an eligible school. Awards range from $300 to $2,500 per academic year. Application is via the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and should be filed as early as possible.

Police Officer's and Firefighter's Survivor's Educational Assistance Program This is a grant which covers tuition, fees, books and supplies. Children and spouses of policemen and firefighters killed in the line of duty in Alabama are eligible for this grant. Students must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a public postsecondary educational institution in Alabama. Application forms may be obtained from the Alabama Commission on Higher Education, P O Box 302000, Montgomery, AL 36130-2000. Phone 334/242-2273.

Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program Active members in good standing of the Alabama National Guard (must be federally recognized unit) are eligible for this grant. Awards are up to $500 dollars per term or $1000 per academic year and must be used at public colleges and universities. There may be other requirements. Applications can be received through your National Guard unit. Funds are limited, so early application is advised.

Alabama GI Dependents' Educational Benefit Program Children or spouses of disabled Alabama veterans are eligible for this grant. Student must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a public institution of higher learning in Alabama. You may get your application from the Alabama State Department of Veterans Affairs, PO Box 1509, Montgomery, AL 36102-1509, or from your county veterans service officer.

Senior Adult Scholarship Program This is a free tuition program for senior citizens (persons aged 60 or over) who meet the admission requirements and attend public two-year postsecondary institutions in Alabama. For application information, contact the financial aid office at any public two-year postsecondary educational institution in Alabama

Alabama Loans

The Alabama Student Loan Program-KHEAA is Alabama's designated guarantor for the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP). These loans include the Stafford Loans, Parent's PLUS loans and Consolidation Loans.

More information on the Alabama Grants and Loans listed above can be found at the Alabama Commission on Higher Education website.

Alabama Scholarships
Alabama 529 Plan

College Loans Home

10 Ways to Pay for College

Latest College Financial News

Student Loan Consolidation

529 College Savings Plans

Site Map

Grants & Loans by State:

Scholarships by State:

National Scholarships:

Other Links


corner spacer corner spacer corner spacer corner spacer

CourseSmart Shop Now

Investing in Gold Coins